Commander: Site Controller Classroom Certification Information
To register for the Commander: Site Controller VASC Classroom Certification simply complete the Student Information Form and the Order Form and fax to us at (317) 889-0052.
Registrations will be processed within 3 business days. A confirmation letter will be sent to the student and manager when the registration has been completed. Confirmation letters are only sent when the class has at least 4 students set to attend. Classes that do not meet the minimum number of students will be cancelled and any students that were scheduled to attend will be advised of the cancellation. Travel arrangements should not be made until a confirmation letter has been received.
NOTE: Prior to registering for the Commander: Site Controller VASC Classroom Certification program students must have successfully completed the Commander Pre-Course Certification within the last 90 days. Information regarding this program can be found on VeriFone's Premier Portal.
- Prior to registering for the Commander: Site Controller VASC Classroom Certification program students must have successfully completed the Commander: Site Controller VASC Pre-Course Certification. This packet will allow the user to register for the classroom certification only.
- The Commander: Site Controller Pre-Course may be registered for on VeriFone’s Premier Portal. The registration link is found under the Learn tab and Register for Training link. Alternatively, you may fill the packet manually and fax your request. The packet is located under Learn and Petro Training Information.
- The Commander: Site Controller VASC Pre-Course must be completed within 90 days of the VASC attending the classroom certification. Should a student not attend class within 120 days of completing the pre-course exam, the pre-course must be purchased again at full price and the student will need to pass the pre-course exam again prior to attending class.
- The Commander: Site Controller VASC Classroom Certification is 4days in length; 3 days of classroom training and 1 day for the certification exam. Each day will include 2 short breaks and a lunch break.
- Concepts delivered in pre-course are expanded upon in class. As a result, students will need to study the pre-course materials heavily. It is expected that students know the pre-course material prior to attending class.
- All classes and documentation are in English.
- Cancellations made 15-30 days before class will result in the option to reschedule or the tuition will be credited to your account. Cancellations (or rescheduling) made 14 days or less in advance of class date will result in forfeiture of tuition.
- Please remember all expenses, including hotel, meals, and transportation are the responsibility of the attending student.
- After each day of school it is the technician’s responsibility to contact their supervisor or manager to discuss the day’s events and practice test scores. If an instructor observes the technician is performing below the standard or if the instructor feels the school is beyond the technician’s comprehension the instructor has the right to call the supervisor or manager to advise the student not continue with the training.
- Minimum Hardware Requirements (Laptop Computer)
- Pentium 4, 1GHz
- 512 MB of RAM
- 5 GB Available HDD Space
- Mouse (external-option, but much easier to move around)
- Ethernet Port
- 9-Pin serial port, MALE connection
- NOTE: Many laptops are no longer manufactured with a 9-Pin serial port. Should this be the case there are several options, including:
- USB to Serial Converter
- PCMIA Serial Card
- Express Card (SYBA SD EXP15010 recommended)
- Students must have a correctly configured and working serial communications device PRIOR to attending Sapphire/Topaz VASC Classroom Certification
- Software Requirements
- Acrobat Reader, v7.0 or higher
- VASC Service Manual
- VeriFone Router Configuration Utility
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, v8.0 or higher or Current Version Firefox
- (Must be 32 bit) Windows 2000, Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows 7 Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate
- What To Bring To Class
- The laptop MUST conform to the above requirements and MUST have all the above listed programs fully installed PRIOR to attendance.